“I felt the teaching was very intuitive and geared for each person in the class.”2017 participant
All in all an excellent weekend, and a highly professional and successful learning opportunity.2017 participant
I enjoyed the Adult Feis immensely, I always have done, for the past 10 years.2017 participant
We offer classes at the following levels:
CB = complete beginner – a chance to try something for the first time.
IB = improving beginner – you have been playing for less than 6 months / you already have some limited experience, for example some scales, a basic tune, a few chords
LI = lower intermediate – you have been playing for around 6-18 months / you have already learnt a few tunes/songs/chords and want to improve on your technique and repertoire
UI = upper Intermediate – you have been playing for longer than 18 months / you know common tunes/chords/songs and want to improve your playing
I = intermediate – any level of intermediate
A = advanced – you are fairly confident in your technique and repertoire and want to take your playing to the next level
This year we are running bookings through Eventbrite. Eventbrite is a reliable and secure platform but it might be a little different from what you are used to, so please take your time to read through this info and the FAQ below.
Tickets to the Adult Fèis are priced as:
£180 Full Price
£150 Concession (Over 65 or Unwaged)
£130 Saturday and Sunday only
Booking tips & FAQs
Please note that we recommend booking on a computer if possible.
To book, you start by choosing your First Choice class. Eventbrite shows these tickets as £180, which includes all workshops, lunchtime concerts, most fringe events, etc and NOT only this one workshop.
Please be aware that you still need to add Second Choice at the bottom of the booking screen (below First Choice) – Eventbrite does allow you to complete the booking without adding them so please double-check and make sure to add them!
Discounts: For a Concession place, add the promo code CONCESSION, and you will be charged £150 instead of full price. If you are only attending on Saturday and Sunday, please add Promo Code TWODAYS.
Please note that promo codes are added on the same page as the First Choice classes and not during payment. You will find “Enter promo code” at the top of the screen (and not during Checkout, as you might expect).
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I forgot to add the Second Choice or my Session Choice, what do I do?
A: Please email email@example.com and we will be able to book you on manually.
Q: I forgot to add the Concession or Two-Day Promo Code and I accidentally paid full price. Can I get a refund?
A: Yes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain what has happened and we can issue a refund. The payment will be handled by Eventbrite so please allow some time for the refund to appear in your account.
Q: I have made a mistake and booked the wrong class! What do I do now?
A: Not to worry, if you made a mistake we can easily change your booking even after you have registered. Please email email@example.com as soon as you can and we will be able to help. Please note that some classes do fill up so the sooner you let us know, the better.
If you have any other questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take the safety of all participants, tutors, staff and volunteers very seriously. In light of the situation regarding Covid-19, we are putting in place the following measures to keep everyone as safe as possible.
- Symptoms: You must not travel to Ullapool or take part in events if you experience symptoms of Covid-19. These include: High temperature or fever, a new continuous cough, loss of sense of smell or taste.
- Testing: We advise all participants, tutors, volunteers and staff to take a lateral flow test or PCR test for Covid-19 before travelling to Ullapool or taking part in events. You can order free lateral flow test kits from https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests We also recommend getting vaccinated for the best protection against Covid-19 and to reduce your risk of catching and spreading Covid-19.
- Face coverings: You will be expected to wear face coverings when moving around Ullapool High School premises and other venues unless exempt, but you can take your face covering off once seated during workshops
- Everyone will be seated at least 1m apart during workshops, and all workshop spaces will be fully ventilated and windows opened during breaks. Hand sanitiser will be available through the workshop spaces and everyone will be encouraged to wash their hands regularly.
- If you or anyone in your household develops Covid-19 symptoms during the weekend, please do not attend that day and inform Christian Gamauf immediately (you will receive his number after registration).