Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to come and work with us at Fèis Rois on a very special project next year!
We are looking for a full-time Emerging Creative Producer to take up a fixed term 10 month contract from January to October 2022 as part of Dandelion, an ambitious creative programme demonstrating the power of collective action in a unique ‘grow your own’ initiative for modern times.
Rooted in Scotland, with an international outlook and sustainability at its heart, the Dandelion programme, which has been commissioned by EventScotland and funded via the Scottish Government, follows the arc of the growing season, from April to September 2022, and will culminate in hundreds of Harvest Festivals across Scotland.
Driven by the concept of ‘Sow, Grow, Share’ – not just food but ideas, music, scientific knowledge, and community – Dandelion takes a unique approach to community growing, bringing together artists, makers, scientists, performers and technologists to present events and programmes across Scotland – from its remotest islands to the centres of its great cities – as well as online through films and digital activities. The Emerging Creative Producer will work with Fèis Rois to actively engage people in local communities with the new Unexpected Garden spaces. This will include devising and delivering a creative programme that runs from April 2022 and culminates with a Harvest Festival on 10th September 2022.
Sown throughout Dandelion is a commitment to empowering young people, inspiring the artists, activists, scientists and creative producers of the future, and aiming to re-establish Harvest as a significant annual cultural festival for everyone.
Title of post: Emerging Creative Producer
Accountable to: Fiona Dalgetty, Fèis Rois
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Term: 10 months, January – October 2022
Salary: £24,000 PA (which equates to £20,000 over the 10-month contract)
Holidays: 21 days plus 8 public holidays
Closing date: 22nd November 2021
Some of the key roles and responsibilities of the Emerging Creative Producer will include:
- Developing and delivering a creative programme in partnership with local communities in and around the Unexpected Gardens, including curating a Harvest Festival event in September 2022.
- Exploring ideas or issues around growing, climate crisis and culture that matter to the people living in the communities in which you are working.
- Working with Fèis Rois to manage the creative programming budget for the Unexpected Garden.
- Actively participating in the national network of Dandelion Emerging Creative Producers.
- Where appropriate, making links between the work you are developing in the community and the work that is going on through the Dandelion Schools Growing Initiative in local schools.
You can download the full job description in English or Gaelic below.
How to apply
Please apply in a format that feels comfortable to you. This could be in writing (maximum 2 x A4 sides for a covering letter) or by submitting an audio recording or a video (maximum 10 minutes).
We would like you tell us why this opportunity appeals to you and what you could bring to Fèis Rois and Dandelion. Please send your application to Fiona Dalgetty by 22nd November 2021.
To find out more about Dandelion, please click here.